Wednesday, February 25, 2009

six months and counting for little Rozalia Anne or Robert Sigmund (Ziggy)




Well, well, well. Just look at these pictures of pregnant Amee. She is beautiful is she not! Pregancy fits well on Amee. Well let me tell you the story so far. It was a Thursday evening. I had just come home from church and was standing in the Kitchen. Amee had gotten home too and I was just standing there wondering what was for dinner. Little did I know what was on the menu. Amee loves sneak attacks. I am not kidding. She really loves sneak attacks. She loves to hide around a corner, wait till an unsuspecting victim walks by (usually me) and then scream and pounce. So unsuspecting me, wanting to know what was for dinner hers, "soooooo I took a pregnancy test this morning." It totally took me off guard. The way she said it I knew it wasn't some passing comment. How could that comment be passing anyway. "And" she continued, "It was positive." What! I couldn't believe it. "Don't get excited" she insisted, "I only took two tests." What?. "They were the tests that have a positive if you are pregnant and a negative if you are not and they were over 6 months old so they may not be accurate." She didn't want to get her hopes up, but I was sure after two positive plus's. Right there in the middle of the kitchen, I put my arms around my wife and cried I was soooo happy. Not one of those girlie cries, one of those manly cries. You know the ones where just a few tears came out. That's my story and I am sticking to it!
That was six months ago. We are three months away from the due date, May 18, and gearing up. I have read at least three large pregnancy books and have a few more on my shelf. To date, Amee has had a very good pregnancy with no complications. The baby is healthy and strong. In fact two nights ago when I put my ear to Amee's belly, that little bugger kicked me right in the head. I'm telling you that has to be my kid. We soon begin the baby classes and really gear up for baby's arrivial. We have decided to be totally clueless in regards to whether it is a boy or girl so your guess is as good as mine.
See ya'll again soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda L said...

Oh! Tell Amee she looks fantastic! So glad everything is going smoothly!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You have a typo......

12:09 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

What wonderful happy times! So excited for you two - Congrats! By the way, May is a wonderful time for a birthday, mine is May 1 and my daughter's is May 19!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home